top of page

Cottage Food Laws in Arkansas [2024 Update]

dashboard icons for state cottage food laws .jpg

Overview of Guidance and Ordinances for Cottage Food Laws in Arkansas

Arkansas's Cottage Food laws allow individuals to prepare and sell homemade non-potentially hazardous food items from their homes. Established by the Arkansas Department of Health, this program permits the sale of specific low-risk food products like baked goods, jams, and certain candies, without the need for a commercial kitchen or extensive permits. These regulations outline allowable foods, sales venues, and labeling requirements for Cottage Food Operations in the state.

Food Labeling Requirements according to Arkansas Cottage Food Laws

Under the Food Freedom Act, certain labeling requisites exist for Homemade Non-TCS Food, exempt from ADH labeling. This includes the disclosure of manufacturing dates, producer information (or an ID number provided by the Arkansas Department of Agriculture), the food's name, ingredient listing, and a statement emphasizing potential allergens due to exemption from state licensing and inspection.

Summarized Business Regulations for Cottage Food Laws in Arkansas

An Arkansas Cottage Food Operation refers to a home-based food business producing non-potentially hazardous items like baked goods, jams, and candies, operating within specific sales limits. Products must be sold directly to consumers and should be labeled properly with specific information. The operation is regulated by the Arkansas Department of Health, ensuring compliance with safety guidelines for homemade food sold within the state.


Arkansas Department of Health

This dashboard is provided as an informational resource and is not affiliated with the above department. While we strive to keep our information accurate and up to date, we do not claim to provide official legal advice or representations regarding cottage food laws or any other regulations. Laws and regulations can change frequently, and they can vary significantly by location. We encourage all users to consult their local health department or a legal professional to obtain the most current information and advice specific to their circumstances.

bottom of page