top of page

Cottage Food Laws in Wyoming [2024 Update]

dashboard icons for state cottage food laws .jpg

Overview of Guidance and Ordinances for Cottage Food Laws in Wyoming

Wyoming's Cottage Food laws permit individuals to produce certain non-potentially hazardous food items in their homes for sale. These foods typically include baked goods, jams, jellies, and other specified items. Regulations outline permissible food types, sales locations, and annual sales limits for producers operating under the Wyoming Cottage Food laws.

Food Labeling Requirements according to Wyoming Cottage Food Laws

In Wyoming, the cottage food law requires homemade food products to be properly labeled with specific information. The label must include the product name, ingredients used (in descending order by weight), allergen information, net weight or volume, and a statement that the product was homemade. Additionally, the label should include contact information of the producer and indicate that the food was not inspected by the health department.

Summarized Business Regulations for Cottage Food Laws in Wyoming

In Wyoming, a Cottage Food Operation refers to a small-scale food business operated from a private home that produces non-potentially hazardous foods, like baked goods, jams, and certain canned goods, for direct sale to consumers. These businesses are regulated under the Wyoming Food Safety Rule, allowing individuals to prepare and sell specific low-risk foods without a commercial license or kitchen. However, there are limitations on annual sales and where products can be sold, such as farmers' markets, roadside stands, and certain events.


Wyoming Department of Agriculture

This dashboard is provided as an informational resource and is not affiliated with the above department. While we strive to keep our information accurate and up to date, we do not claim to provide official legal advice or representations regarding cottage food laws or any other regulations. Laws and regulations can change frequently, and they can vary significantly by location. We encourage all users to consult their local health department or a legal professional to obtain the most current information and advice specific to their circumstances.

bottom of page